The word self-care gets thrown around a lot these days, but are you taking action and intentionally caring for yourself? Simple things can help alleviate the daily stresses in our lives that can ultimately take a mental, emotional, and physical toll. This isn’t a selfish act either, it is simply understanding our threshold for different elements of our lives and what we need to refuel and find balance within it.
A few basic things we do that are beyond beauty practices:
- Break time: Take a 15-minute break when we start feeling overwhelmed with a task at hand.
- Meditate: the practice of mindful meditation can help clear the mind to restore our mental and emotional state.
- Stay active: Exercise at our own pace – gym, trails, or laundry. This can helps with our mood and energy levels.
- Connect: be present and nurture the relationships with loved ones.
- Laugh often: Who doesn’t love a good chuckle?
- Be honest. With yourself. Take time to reflect on what is working and what doesn’t.
Remember, there is no wrong or right way to go about self-care. It ultimately depends on what works for YOU. Everyone finds their rhythm and balance differently. With a little patience and practice, you’ll be a whiz all year around!
What are some things YOU like to do for self-care? We’d love to hear from you.
*Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.